Monday, September 12, 2011

True Blood and the curse of the No Nipple contract…


Maybe a bit off topic, I will rant a bit about nudity in TV and films, but its all good, cause my outburst is due to the lack of nipples in several scenes in True Blood, a fantasy TV series….


Some actresses refuse to get naked in movies, the have no nudity contracts and use body doubles, sex in lingerie and shots above the bust line. And now in these high tech days a new trend is sweeping the nation. Cgi Nipples! WTF – actresses tape over their nipples with flesh colored tape only to have nipples painted on using Cgi. A monstrosity indeed…

The leaked version of this showing nipple made Jennifer super angry. She will
sue anyone showing it on the interweb (but I’m sure you can find it do, I did)


In the Vampire Fantasy series True Blood we are blessed with lots of Nudity and sex scenes. I most shows where there be nudity the major stars take use of the No nudity contract and only the no name actresses in small parts go full frontal. However in True Blood it is different, Anna Paquin shows everything all the time, giving Geeks everywhere major nergasms from seeing Rogue naked.




But not all comply, Rutina Wesley has lots of sex scenes in the series as Tara, but you never see a nipple. Again this atrocity happens when Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) gets sex scenes in the latest season but the nipples are lacking in both scenes.

Deborah: I will show no more than this! My parents watch this show…

What is the deal with that? When you show most of your body naked, pelvis trusting and all, why hide the nipple?  It is almost as lame as using a body double.

I am still hoping do, and cross my fingers for next season, nipple nipple nipple!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DreamHost promotional codes